SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler
(DFD Data Flow Diagrammer)
Tool for Business, Organizational and Technical Process Modeling
Periodic adjustment and reengineering of business processes are crucial to organizations in order to keep up with client expectations.
SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler (formerly: SILVERRUN DFD Data Flow Diagrammer) is a powerful process modeling tool to document and analyze business, organizational and technical aspects of an enterprise's process ecosystem including its workflows.
Using SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler, you can attach data structures to the processes' information flows to capture the underlying data (which can then in combination with SILVERRUN RDM (Relational Data Modeler) be linked to the respective elements in a conceptual, logical or physical data model).
Additionally, external entities and relationships, or whole data models can be linked to processes, flows and data stores to represent, redesign and manage an entire ecosystem's information and activity infrastructure.
SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler supports process modeling with a multi-user online repository. Powerful split-and-merge mechanisms facilitate dividing a process model into logical sections that allow modelers to design independently and then integrate their work artifacts in a coherent manner.
Using SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler, process tree diagrams can be derived to present an overview of the hierarchical organization of processes.
Overview of Major Features
Flexible Modeling EnvironmentSILVERRUN BPM
- Allows extension of the repository with user-defined objects and descriptors that can be linked to standard model components.
Process ModelingSILVERRUN BPM
- Provides features to model your enterprise's organization and business.
- Supports multi-level modeling (i.e. explosion of processes).
- Supports multiple notations and methodologies.
- Can be customized to represent process models in even more notations, e.g. BPMN.
- Supports process cost, resource, duration and frequency modeling.
- Consolidates low level process costs and resource usage to higher levels.
- Presents an overview of the hierarchical organization of processes as a process tree diagram.
- Provides cross reference reports including resource usage, cost/time allocation and roll-up for a comprehensive process analysis.
Ecosystem ModelingSILVERRUN BPM
- Integrates models with SILVERRUN RDM (Relational Data Modeler) and SILVERRUN ERX (Entity Relationship Expert).
- Allows unlimited number of objects in a diagram.
- Supports unlimited number of diagram levels.
- Supports teamwork through splitting and merging models.
- Features complete repository to store diagram information.
- Can be used with a network team repository (Enterprise Series).
- Allows to create and maintain an ecosystem's business data dictionary (data catalog / glossary) and to link its entries to data elements in process models.
- Generates comprehensive model documentation.
- Offers relational support for queries and report generation on a variety of RDBMs.
- Offers an open environment.
- Generates customizable textual and HTML reports.
Technical EnvironmentSILVERRUN BPM
- Can be run on all Windows platforms.
- Is available in versions from file-based stand-alone installations to team-repository-based floating network licenses including remote access.
Commercial FlexibilitySILVERRUN BPM
- Is available as a subscription to a service for a period of time (rental) or as a perpetual license (purchase).
This page is also available in: German