SILVERRUN ERX Entity Relationship eXpert
Tool for Conceptual Data Modeling
SILVERRUN ERX Entity Relationship eXpert is an optional enhancement of SILVERRUN RDM to provide feature-rich conceptual data modeling. ERX helps analysts to define unnormalized models and assists in the process of normalization. You can automatically create normalized entity relationship data models from data structures, existing file definitions, and business rules. Alternatively, design entity relationship models directly or reverse-engineer database schemas from a variety of sources.
SILVERRUN ERX offers an embedded expert system that helps both novices and experienced modelers create correct, normalized data models from data structures, existing file definitions, and business rules.
Entity Relationship Modeling
- Supports powerful modeling concepts, including entities, attributes, multiple types of identifiers (primary, alternate; simple, composite) domains and datatypes.
- Analyzes the input data structure and data elements to identify entities, attributes and relationships.
- Creates a normalized, attributed, graphical data model, which can be manipulated directly from within SILVERRUN ERX.
- Validates graphical changes to models by modeling rules and instantaneously applies to the graphics.
- Checks integrity for conceptual design and syntax.