SILVERRUN RDM Relational Data Modeler -
Tool for Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling
SILVERRUN RDM Relational Data Modeler is a feature-rich Business Data Architecture tool that empowers Chief Data Officers to layout a high-level Enterprise Information Management map. On the tactical level, RDM enables data stewards, data modelers and data administrators as well as database designers and database administrators to produce and maintain high-quality, enterprise-strength data models. RDM is very adaptable and can be used at virtually any stage in the development life cycle. It is equally applicable to relational as to non-relational (NoSQL) database technologies.
RDM data models can be built from scratch and/or retrieved from a variety of sources (RDBMS as well as non-relational files).
While simple data modeling tools are limited to create databases within a particular data silo, RDM will help you to design physical models of multiple target systems from one common conceptual / logical data model.
Whether your projects are focused on improving Master Data Management and/or Data Quality, SILVERRUN RDM as the industry leader in multi-level modeling and sub-modeling technologies offers all necessary features to migrate a siloed environment into an integrated ecosystem.
In the SILVERRUN suite of tools, SILVERRUN RDM is the cornerstone for creating and managing your business information architecture. It can be used for data modeling solely or in conjunction with SILVERRUN BPM (Business Process Modeler) to integrate process models and data models, as it is e.g. required to successfully set up a Data Governance program.
SILVERRUN RDM helps you to forward and reverse engineer schemas with many available database interfaces.
Overview of Major Features
Flexible Modeling EnvironmentSILVERRUN RDM
- Fosters reuse of objects through drag and drop palettes, move/copy tool, and merge duplicate function.
- Allows extension of the repository with user-defined descriptors.
Data Modeling, Database Design and GenerationSILVERRUN RDM
- Expresses business rules in SILVERRUN models including actions, conditions, rules and constraints.
- Supports multiple notations and methodologies.
- Helps to redocument and rebuild existing systems.
- Designs, creates and reverse engineers many SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Offers full control of integrating models derived from multiple sources.
- Manages physical storage parameters for many database management systems.
- Performs target system-specific validation.
Ecosystem ModelingSILVERRUN RDM
- Integrates models with SILVERRUN BPM (Business Process Modeler).
- Allows unlimited number of objects in a schema.
- Supports unlimited number of submodel levels.
- Supports multiple physical databases in the same model.
- Fosters teamwork through splitting and merging of models.
- Integrates models within a customizable scope of descriptors.
- Propagates modifications within a customizable scope of descriptors throughout a customizable set of submodels.
- Features complete repository to store diagram information.
- Can be used with a network team repository (Enterprise Series).
- Allows to create and maintain an ecosystem's business data dictionary (data catalog / glossary) and to link its entries to data elements in data models.
- Generates comprehensive model documentation.
- Offers relational support for queries and report generation on a variety of RDBMSs.
- Offers an open environment.
- Generates customizable textual and HTML reports.
Technical EnvironmentSILVERRUN RDM
- Can be run on all Windows platforms.
- Is available in versions from file-based stand-alone installations to team-repository-based floating network licenses.
Commercial FlexibilitySILVERRUN RDM
- Is available as a subscription to a service for a period of time (rental) or as a perpetual license (purchase).
This page is also available in: German