Installing the License Server for Network Licenses of SILVERRUN BPM / RDM 2.8.x or 2.9.x
Please note: If you have already an existing SILVERRUN license server and want to change the server, its name, the path to the shared directory and/or the shared name, you will need to deactivate the license first. Please contact Support at email@example.com to obtain a deactivation code for your existing license server before claiming the new license file.
To install the license server for SILVERRUN BPM or RDM please proceed as follows:
1. Go to the page Download Full Versions and scroll down to the section 'SILVERRUN Security Mechanism' to download the 'Licence Protector Server' package.
2. On the computer dedicated to be the server for your SILVERRUN licenses,
- Unzip this 'Licence Protector Server' package ('SR_LP_Admin.zip').
- Create a new shared directory for the license file.
- Adjust share and file permissions so that your SILVERRUN RDM / BPM users have FULL CONTROL access to this directory.
3. From the folder containing the files of the unzipped 'Licence Protector Server' package,
- Move the included initial license file 'license.lic' to the shared directory.
- Execute the command file 'regdll.bat' as an Administrator.
- Launch the SILVERRUN licensing tool (srnet.exe):
- Enter the server name, if it is not automatically added.
- Enter the share name (path to the license file - beginning with the root directory, without preceding backslash).
- Enter the file name 'license.lic'.
- Press OK (License Viewer will start).
4. Take a snapshot of the License Viewer window (to copy the active window use key combination Alt + PrntScrn) and email it to Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Replace the initial license file 'license.lic' in the shared directory on your license server by the one that you received from Support.